100+ hours in, I need a new objective in what to do (suggestions please)

So as the title says. I play Elite Dangerous in VR (started from late March 2021) with Horizons and I've mostly done cargo missions/courier & passenger jobs to reach 75 million credits. So after buying a Type 9 ship, I ended up being very disappointed in what I paid for (sluggish, issues carrying 300+ cargo etc), and felt happier using my Type 7 ship, so I want to change up what I can do in Elite Dangerous. I want to break the cycle and really enter the next stage of being dedicated to the game.

I have so far:

1) Boosted up my exploration & cargo rank

2) Joined a Squadrons, they are friendly but not too active, so I can't rely on doing exciting jobs for them

3) If I sell my Type 9, I can get 75 million credits, so I have that for any suggestions what to do with the money for a new ship or objective

4) Played the Arena, but I didn't like it so that's out of the question.

I have not yet: (but I really want something more simple to do than do these)

1) Started Engineering, of any kind. Feels like I have to get meta alloys for Felicity only for now

2) Found Aliens – I can look up a guide, but I would like to know where to get started without being spoilt.

3) Explored deep into space, I'm too afraid to go out there without the right equipment

4) Sol permit – Seems too difficult/tedious to pull off

I've barely touched:

1) Mining – I've only done laser mining, but felt it was too dull (even for the money worth)

2) Fighting – I'm not the best fighter, I am slowly practising but I struggle to fight to a decent standard.

So yeah, suggest me please. I was thinking about doing a community goal, so any tips would be great where to get started with the basis of these missions.

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/EliteDangerous/comments/nzz1fm/100_hours_in_i_need_a_new_objective_in_what_to_do/

leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *