Hello, welcome to the Among Us News Report! Topics we are going over today are;
-Problems with the community
-The new update-Recent announcements
-Sneak peeks at the new map and upcoming updates
First up we will be talking about the awards the 2018 game "Among Us" has been nominated for by the
Second, the official Innersloth Merchandise. Quote from Victoria at Innersloth;"Merch. The official
Third, the new Among Us Henry Stickmin-themed "airship" map, scheduled to arrive in the next year or so. Quote from Victoria;"New map peek. We launched an official
Photos of the new map sneak peeks here:
The new map is, as mentioned before, Henry Stickmin-themed and is said to be larger than Polus, the largest map in Among Us at the moment. More sneak peeks will be released on-stage at the game awards on December the 10th, 2020.
Fourth, the new update that came out only two days ago on November 23rd brought many new changes to the game. Fixing the comms sabotage is now a little harder, the update also fixed many other bugs and glitches, all of which are listed here:
- Comms sabotage hides task arrows
- Comms red light no longer immediately responds to the correct position
- Fixed camera flinging on security cams
- Fixed inaccurate admin table on Polus
- Fixed Polus panels reachable through walls
- Fixed temperature mini-game in Polus for iOS
- Fix solo-complete reactor/seismic exploit
- Fix align engine exploit and softlock
This new update has brought several good changes to Among Us. some people are angry with some changes, like the align engine exploit. However angry some people may be, these changes are for the better.
Fifth, what is coming up? Innersloth has been planning adding an account system since the very beginning, but they didn't have the funding to do so. They will add more languages and fix the mobile adds. Quoting Victoria on the official Innersloth page;" Accounts. One of our biggest priorities has been to get our account system nailed down and in line with privacy policies. The first focus for accounts will be to get reporting and moderation integrated ASAP. We want our game and communities to be welcoming, respectful places, so this will be a first step in tackling the toxicity and hacking. Thank you for being excellent to each other in the meantime! If you have any issues, you can send reports to [firstname.lastname@example.org](mailto:email@example.com).
- Languages. We’ve been getting the game localized so Among Us can be enjoyed anywhere! Currently, the plan will be to get these languages in: French, Italian, German, Spanish EU and LA, Dutch, Russian, BR and EU Portuguese, Japanese, Korean, Filipino (Bisaya). There will be more to come, but as we said, accounts first!
- Mobile ads. There have been a lot of issues with inappropriate ads on mobile, so until 2021, they’ll be removed. Enjoy! Think of it as a small thank you for all the support you’ve given us. 🙂 Everyone who paid to remove ads, don't worry. We're gonna re-add them and make sure you get something extra for paying. More than anything, we just want to improve everyone’s experience, and not just ignore your concerns."
- Accounts are Innersloth's main priority at the moment. But everything else will be coming along soon!
Sixth, Problems with the community. Everyone and their mothers has heard of the toxic community surrounding Among Us. Along with the account system, a report system will be added. Many people are leaving just because of the hackers, cheaters, toxic players, and the nine year olds that all play this game. Innersloth are one of few games that actually care about this problem, and are taking steps to decrease it. Hang in there!
That concludes November 25th's Among Us news report. See you soon! Not sure what flair to apply, so putting Discussion on for now. If you have any other Among Us topics you would like me to cover, drop a comment.