I'm interested to know if you have system for naming your ships. If you do, what is it based on?
Even if it isn't elaborate or is just a bunch of memes or inside jokes, I'm still curious.
I'll go first:
– All my ships have BSF in the name, which stands for "Bike Space Force", because Bike is my nickname.
– All my ships are named after WW1 and WW2 warships + irl spacecraft.
– I chose the name either because it sounds cool or the irl counterpart has a cool story or is significant.
1) Cobra: BSF Zuikaku – named after WW2 japanese aircraft carrier Zuikaku (1939 – 1944), translates as " auspicious crane" which sounds cool
2) Type 6: BSF Voyager – named after the satellite Voyger 1 (1977), the first spacecaft to enter interstellar space (2012)
3) DBX: BSF Vostok – named after the first manned spacecraft to fly in space, Vostok(1961).
4) Dolphin: BSF Marlborough – named after WW1 battleship HMS Marlborough (1912 – 1932), the name sounded posh enough for a Saud Kruger ship.
5) Type 7: BSF Marblehead – named after WW2 american light cruiser USS Marblehead (1923 – 1946), sailed from the Dutch East Indies to New York while damaged and survived, so very cool story.
6) Orca: BSF Vittorio Veneto – named after WW2 italian battleship Vittorio Veneto (1937 – 1951), considered one of the most elegant battleships in the world at the time.