For all this downsizing (dropping consoles) to work on elite, update 15 releasing early 2023 isn’t releasing early at all (april at the earliest). For non combat players 14 was a giant meh and nothing really excites from the game anymore.

TLDR: Update 15 is so far away for being early 2023, despite how they “dropped consoles to work on the future of elite”, they really should reveal the big change incoming sooner rather than later. Because if update 15’s big reveal is just more space combat. Then i think for explorers, any hope of new content is dead- the future of elite is dead.

edit: As an explorer, give me clouds, give me rivers, give me caves, don’t give me credits. I have that already. It’s not new content.

Update 14 to be honest was a bag of hot gas for explorers who really don’t care for combat. It really brought nothing of value.

Essentially been waiting for new content since update 13 aug 3308. And really been waiting for new content since the update of dec 3307 (OVER A YEAR AGO) when they released the scorpion.

For a game all about “the player creates the narrative”, these updates have been quite combaty-only. And with update 15 being so late for being early 2023. Fdevs better reveal beforehand what it’s going to bring sooner rather than later.

Cause if we’re going to wait 4 months for some megaship vs thargoid ship space war (more combat). Then for an explorer the game is dead. All this talk about easing resources for fdevs to focus on the future. What future? I still see more posts here about ships infront of things (exploration), than i do anything thargoid war related.

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/EliteDangerous/comments/1098ae0/for_all_this_downsizing_dropping_consoles_to_work/

leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *