I was compelled
How idea for riddle happened:
I needed an oak on top of a pillar for my newest survival building project (if you liked my
This however wasn't tall enough, for my building project so I decided to dig around the pillar to make the pillar taller. I ended up with taller pillar and moat around it. Not very pretty and I still had limited building options:
I noticed I have to widen the moat, if I wanted more room for my building project:
It was wide enough, but I didn't like the 90° angle cliffs, so I decided to smooth them out:
I thought I did a pretty good job smoothing the terrain (took 10h). Now it was finally ready for my building project, but before that, I wanted to post this picture to see how many people will notice everything that is going on in this picture. So I made the riddle:
I gave a hint: "Viking for perspective" to help people figure out that the pillar is double in size.
So to solve the riddle, you had to notice (from easiest to more difficult):
- That oak can't be planted
- That you can raise terrain around the oak to make it raise along with the pillar
- That you can pickaxe the pillar to make it spikey and oak will still stand on top
- That the pillar oak is standing on, is twice as tall than you usual max raised terrain pillar
- That in order to have pillar this high I had to dug out the rest of the mountain
I figured that points 1-3 are pretty well know, but points 4-5 would be worthy of making it a riddle. I posted a riddle and got downvoted for not accepting people's answers that touched on first 3 points and didn't notice the points 4-5.