Perhaps that's only happening in the lower ranks, tell me please if this isn't the case. I've just got about 10 loses almost in a row , and mostly it was due to unlucky team(mostly either pos 4 ,or pos 5). More than 50% of the games – pos 4 players picking Tinker,Sniper,Mirana,Invoker etc. and spending their time as a farm prioritized hero. For example:
- farming damage items. As if they have time to deal it.( Mostly they just don't). Instead of prioritizing: amplifying cores' DPS, improving their survivability, providing them what they lack, they are doing other stuff.
- farming in safe places. Our warded triangle, our side of the map. Not letting the cores to farm there. As I understood ,they think:" one more carry wouldn't be excess" ,but mostly, I haven't noticed a realization, what price do you usually pay for "pos 4 carry". As far as I know, when your position is 2-5 your farm must be in respectively higher risk places(So exclusions I suppose)
- playing passively . They rearly make any move beyond the river. Not even talking about sneaky solo smoke deep ward.
- they don't even consider the draft. Okay, some players have great impact with all there Cheesy 4s, but for example if there is already oracle, they r picking tinker pos 4, and supports have no control. That's deffinetly echoing back at some stage of the game.
- they are the most inclined players to project laziness on the game. For example: why always on lower ranks pos 4 players fp pudge? I think it's because they just don't want to do work. They want the income of their actions depend on 1 button. They don't want to confront an enemy, to battle with him, to think over micro decisive moments, they just want to "Chill". An here ,I think, is depicted a general thought model of quite big group of players. IMO, Dota isn't a game to chill, but yes it's a game to have fun. But fun in Dota is aquired through activity.
…Thus, the game just collapses for the team they are in.
I'm not an expert, but, pos 4 players please watch some Saksa gameplay. He reaaaally knows the position very well. Even I can tell. He is perhaps the MVP of OG TI quals. He was so efficient there.
Maybe I'm wrong, don't know.
Thank you for reading.