So how can I be better prepared for the swamp? I have fully upgraded bronze armour, sausage and other food, poison resistance potion and have beaten the Elder.
There's a swamp area just off the coast of my first continent, every time I land there I get swarmed by blobs, eels and drauger and killed almost instantly.
Ended up having to cheat to get my stuff back last time which felt dirty….
EDIT – Thanks for your help and advice, thought I'd summarise it here for anyone else…
- Use a mace
- Use arrows
- Do not enter the swamp by boat
- Build roads and/or bridges for quick entry and exit
- Keep stock of health and poison resistance meads
- Build sky-base in indestructible trees (with bed & portal)
- Go during the day, don't get caught unrested or at night