“We will focus on new content updates on PC” [10th Mar 2022]

Hello, here are some positive quotes about ongoing PC support and updates:

We continue to support the game and our passionate players with development updates

(Interim Results and Trading Update – 12th Jan 2022)

…we will focus on new content updates on PC on the post-Odyssey codebase

(Braben [CEO] – 'Console Update' – 10th Mar 2022)

I've limited the quotes to RNS market updates and a CEO quote because there's a certain extra weight to them. FDev have told the market previously that EDO "represents a huge investment in the future of Elite Dangerous", and that they are "confident that through continued updates and engagement with our community, [EDO] will provide many hours of enjoyment to millions of players over many years."

They have set market expectations with this, and if they were to change course significantly (say by sunsetting EDO) they would have to let the market know. Such a shift would likely be 'price sensitive'. (Although I am no pro on all this 'insider trading' stuff, so if anyone wants to correct / expand on this angle, please do ;))

The TLDR for me is: Despite the bad news about the place, content updates to EDO are most likely still coming ¯_(ツ)_/¯

I'm sure people will have many other reactions. But I'm not really speaking to the potential quality of the updates, or the nature of their communication, or speculation about the dev team size, or ED's current profitability, or the history of ED output to date, or any of the other strands. Just to the above argument. That updates are likely continuing. And that ED is likely not dead just yet 😉

(Although if you pushed me to speculate I'd still say 'Thargoids in the flesh' would be a pleasant non-surprise ;). Not guaranteed by any means, at all… But something that they could have gestating back there in the dark ;))

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/EliteDangerous/comments/uenqes/we_will_focus_on_new_content_updates_on_pc_10th/

leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *