Hello, I have been playing Apex Legends since it was first released and fell in love with the game. I played mostly Wraith for a long time because of how aggressive she could be with her positioning. However over the seasons she has had many changes to bring her down in power, which I understand. But there was one change in particular that rubbed me the wrong way. That would be the changes to how her tactical works. They made her phase take 3 times as long to enter, and while waiting for it you are slowed to a crawl. To make up for it, the ability lasts for 4 seconds instead of 3, she moves 30% faster while in the void, her cool down was reduced, and she can see other people in the void. The reason this didn't sit well with me is because it completely changes how wraith is supposed to be played. They didn't want her to have a get out of jail free card. Instead phasing is more for moving between cover or backing up before or right at the beginning of a fight. My ideas for wraith changes are intended to be a middle ground between a get out of jail, and a repositioning tool. But most importantly, the changes are to bring back some of the fun that wraith dramatically lost.
– remove the slow down while entering phase
– remove the 30% speed boost while in the void
– reduce time to Enter phase from 1.25 seconds to 0.6 (the original time to Enter phase was 0.4)
– Increase tactical cool down to 30 seconds (currently at 25) gold helmet cool down would be 22-25 second range
– add void like partical effects around Wraith while entering void, to signify she is about to phase
THIS NEXT CHANGE IS VERY SIGNIFICANT TO KEEP WRAITH BALANCED
– If Wraith Takes more than 20 damage while attempting to phase, her tactical will be cancelled and silenced for 1 seconds. (Ring damage and caustic gas doesn't count towards the 20 damage)
I put allot of thought into these changes and any feedback would be amazing, please tell me what you think and don't be afraid to criticize!