Current Ranked RP Problems (I know it's a BR, but Apex got BIG because it was fast-paced & action packed):
- Promotes heavy camping/hiding for placement points, slows game way down, "being tactical" is boring
- Not fun to play
- Feels more like a grind rather than an action FPS game
- Promotes only 3 skill levels
- Below Average: Bronze/Silver/Gold
- Average: Plat
- Above Average: Diamond/Apex Predator
Proposed Ranked RP Solution:
- Change Individual Kills for RP to Squad Kills for RP – this will improve team fights and team play with sense of team accomplishment and reward.
- Remove Kill RP cap limit – kills and fights make this game FUN! This will promote more fights.
- Add RP for Damage WITH a cap limit – this promotes more gun fighting (FUN!) – albeit probably more sniping but some gun shots are better than no gun shots. Here's a rough breakdown for what I think the RP breakdown should be:
- 3 RP for 1k DMG
- 6 RP for 2k DMG
- Cap at 2k DMG to prevent constant sniper wars
- Reduce RP gained for placements
- Top 10: 1 RP
- Top 5: 2 RP
- Top 3: 5 RP
- Champion: 10 RP
By implementing the above solution, it's still a BR (placement matters) but it promotes more gun battles and fast-paced action rather than camping for RP (game goes back to being FUN with fast-paced action)! Hot drops won't be an issue either because damage RP is set relatively high at 1k and kills are still only 1RP so the risk-reward is still favoring dropping safe rather than hot drop.
BTW, I don't think this matters, but I'm currently Diamond and thought it was a boring grind to get here: