I haven't played the game in a long time (at least 4 years) and started the grind again a few days ago. I used to have the IS-8 (the tier IX Russian heavy tank) which is now split into the t-10 and the obj. 257. I now have both these tanks and I am now deciding which one to grind out first.
I compared the IS-7 to the obj. 277 and as far is raw numbers go: the obj is superior. Here is my conclusion:
– obj has 100 more alpha
– obj has 15 more pen
– obj has more rate of fire
– obj has better aim time and accuracy
– is has more hp
– is has 10 more hull armor but still only 150 which seems very low to me, even when angled correctly
– obj has 50 more mm turret armor, which would make it a good hull-down tank
– IS has slightly more acceleration
– IS is 5 kmph faster
obj is slightly more stealthy
From all these numbers my conclusion is that the obj is a much better tank. Trading off 10 hull armor for 50 turret armor seems like a good trade. However, I know a tank is not just its stats. maybe the obj 277 crew gets killed quickly or something. I would love to hear some opinions on this.