Anticheat Connection Failed fix (hopefully)

If the following works for you or if there were tweaks that you made please let me know and I will update this.

For reference I got the anticheat failed to connect and then looked at my logs the errors that kept coming up were the following.

  • Log: calling UNET::NetLibraryManager::Disconnect this is likely comming from script
  • Log: calling UNET::VirtualUserHost::Disconnect because of reason NetErrors::kWrongConnection

What I tried and did not work

  • Verifying game files
  • Making sure game was up to date
  • Running as Admin
  • Closing all other apps such as Discord and Steam
  • Allowing .exe and BSGlauncher through via firewall.cpl
  • Uninstalling and reinstalling

After all of this I did some more digging through the Windows Firewall and Antivirus to see if I could be more in depth with what it did and found out you can. The steps are as followed

  1. In the Windows search bar, search and open the windows security app
  2. Under Firewall & network protection select Advanced Settings
  3. Select Inbound Rules
  4. Allow (Enable Rule) all instances of BattlEye Launcher, BsgLauncher, and EscapeFromTarkov.exe, do not change permissions or anything else, just select the enable rule option for each

This is in conjunction with the firewall.cpl rules added, not 100% certain if that will make a difference. I have tested it on multiple runs now, about 4 and this seems to work one thing to note is I do still see the first error so I do not think that it is indicative of a failed connection but part of the execution when a connection fails. Hopefully this helps some or all of you, if so please pass it along to others.


leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *