Hey all! With wipe being tomorrow I wanted to get a gameplan going to keep myself organized, efficient, and intelligent. I had a Red Card Giveaway planned for Saturday, but Nikita instead blessed us with a wipe 🙂
After starting my research I realized there doesn't seem to be a great single source for information going into a wipe. So, instead instead of a giveaway, I thought I'd help the community by putting together some tips, tricks, and consolidated resources I've found.
Obviously a lot of what's below will be changing slightly soon given updated quests/maps/guns etc, but I've posted the direct links for many to help work through living document updates. The pictures will be the ones that get dated and I'll try to update as that occurs.
*AMMO* – If you don't know why ammo matters, read up. I am putting ammo first as it's probably the single most important thing to know outside of map awareness and game sense. NoFoodAfterMidnight is handsdown the best place to stay up to date –
*Resources to track quests + Items + Hideout progression*
– Tarkov Hideout tracker –
– Absolutely INCREDIBLE google sheet to track all things quest/hideout etc. Make a copy and prosper! –
– For visual people, FIR needed item Picture –
– For visual people, Important Hideout Items –
*Other tips for early wipe or tips in general:*
– Great resource for BIS and Budget gun builds –
– New player post here:
– In general I highly recommend 7.62 PS ammo as often as you can early wipe. Great value and better than BT or m855.
– 7.62 PS > 5.45 BT > m855 for cheap tier ammos
– Barter trades are almost always a better deal than buying direct from the flea, check first!
– 3 tushonka barters for an akm and akm is amazing early wipe w Ps ammo, but remember you also need FIR tushonka for quest
– 4 TP + 3 soap barter for the lvl 4 Uley armored rig – Great valued armored rig for early wipe until potato sack is unlocked
– Rechargeable battery barters for an ADAR – Solid value and cheap to get sights
– Don't use auto heal from therapist when you die, heal yourself in stash for easy xp via grizzlies. Food doesn't count for metabolism, but healing in stash does give xp.
– Touch every body even if you aren't looting it. You get the search XP just by looking at their inventory.
– Take/drop every spawned item and move every item to your inventory from a container. You get XP for every item you pick up for the first time in a raid even if you drop it immediately
– Map awareness and knowledge = Survival. Learn the maps inside and out. Buy an sj6 and mule stim and run around maps offline until you know them.
– Don't be afraid to not engage. Hold smart angles, and frequently change cover once engaged. Survival is most important, don't get caught in a fight that requires you to nail a flick or hs.
– Don't repeek the peek. This applies 10x to scavs and raiders. Don't die to their aimbot because you repeeked.
–Embrace the dick helmet. Unless I'm doing a purely pistol run(I don't recommend hatchet running. At least bring a pistol, headset, and backpack. Preferably armored rig too. You can still win fights while doing loot runs.) Helmets in general in tarkov are worthless unless your loaded. However, early wipe especially, that dick helmet will pay itself off 10x. I use a dick helmet or Ulach for 99% of my raids over the course of wipe.
– Face shields are better early wipe than late wipe. I still prefer a dick helmet or Ulach for that ricochet chance.
– Use the scav everytime it's up. I recommend Interchange for hideout items, but even running a quick factory just to quick extract a kit is 100% worth the 5 minutes.
– Consume every non-quest drink/food you come across in raid.
– Leveling skills is a slow game. Slow and steady
.- If you have a sniper, reload non-stop, especially if it's an m700 with magazines. You'll need sniper leveled for certain quests. Don't finish quests that level sniper until you've hit sniper level…6? it's a lot easier to get from level 5 to 6 than it is to get from 8 to 9.
– Quest quest quest. This is how you should level.
– Nail a loot route down that you are confident in. Gear fear will go away when you know you can confidently make a quick mil.
– Insure your gear, it's worth it. Unless you're on Labs of course.
– Premed early and often, there is nothing worse than limping during a fight.
– Unlocking traders unlocks profit everywhere.
– Most importantly – HAVE FUN! It's easy to get invested in a kit or play. We love our shit. That said, it's a game! Have fun and embrace a "GG WP" attitude.
Anyways, really hope this helped out at least 1 person. I'm sure I missed a lot of stuff, but thought this was at least a good base. I'll update it as I think of more things. Also, I'll be streaming most of this Saturday, Sunday and Monday @ ToxxxicityyyTTV – Please stop by if you have any questions or want to see how I attack the kappa and early wipe grind 🙂 much love <3
Edit: Small formatting update to make it hopefully easier to read
Edit 2: To double confirm, some of this data will quickly become obsolete, but most is still valid. I will do my best to keep it updated. Please DM or comment if you see anything inaccurate or stuff that should be included that I missed.
Edit 3: HOLY SHIT, MY FIRST AWARD ON REDDIT <3 No idea what a Hugz award is, but thank you kind sir!
Edit 4: and silver?!?!
Edit 5: Unfortunately post 1 was removed by Mods, editted to fix the small rule issue. Hopefully this one gets seen like last, people seemed to be getting value from this.