I have been curious about a couple different things.
– How much money can you make ratting around customs?
– How much can you expect out of stashes per run, specifically taking the paths of least resistance and only hitting stashes on the way to exits?
– What is the minimum survival rate needed to be profitable?
I decided to do this on my own as I was low on money so far this wipe. I wanted to model what a lower level could expect, depending on their survivability. A key thing to understand in tarkov are where the stashes are. I would recommend studying the stash maps, going offline and going to all of them, and know your quickest paths in and out.
The rules were as follows:
- All of my bought equipment was from level 1 traders.
- Guns were not modified
- Everything was bought in rubles
- No trades
- No flea
- No crafting equipment
- Anything I put into my gamma was used for my own personal crafts outside of this data collection and NOT sold towards the total amounts seen here. For example, if I found red gun powder I threw it into my gamma, and saved it for crafting m61 for myself, but those crafted items were never used in raid as part of these 50 raids.
- Rule 7 also applies to keys. Not allowed to go into the secure container.
- Everything found in raid was sold to traders. Blanket selling across therapist, mechanic, skier, jaeger, and fence. I didn't min/max my ability to make money from traders.
- I avoid PVP and scavs whenever possible. I do not go out of my way to kill them for their loot.
- Should I kill a PMC, all his gear goes to traders and I am NOT allowed to use it.
- I only run customs stashes
– Total PMC's seen was 4
– I killed 2 pmcs. Both were highly geared and I got a lucky headshot and I'm sure they were very upset.
– Most amount of money made off 1 run was 430,739 rubles.
– Most raids survived in a row was 9. 7 of those raids were PMC
– Most raids died in a row was 4
– Overall PMC survival rate was 42%
– Average gear set to go into raid on pmc: 127,360 rubles
– The better you are at surviving a PMC raid, the "less your scav runs will matter"(
Graphics of data I gathered are below. An overall album with extra notes is at the bottom.
Overall averages throughout 50 raids
How much can you expect out of a stash run if you survive?
PMC data for spent and earned:
Overall earned , split between scav and PMC
Overall Gross and Net earned
Answers to my questions:
– How much money can you make ratting around customs? A decent amount!
– How much can you expect out of stashes per run, specifically taking the paths of least resistance and only hitting stashes on the way to exits? Using a scav, about 187,000 rubles. On a PMC this jumps to 268,000 rubles. Why? When you run your PMC, more than likely you will have a rig and backpack, while on a scav a backpack is MAYBE, MAYBE NOT.
– What is the minimum survival rate needed to be profitable? **Using the data collected, and averaging itThere is inherently issues with this method because there's a LOT that goes into determining if you were profitable or not, such as throwing items into your secure container you need to survive greater than 30% of your overall raids. This ONLY applies to stashes though. If you survive less than that, but kill PMC's on the ones you survive, you may still be profitable. More and chart below.
Using the data, we can take some guesstimates on how much money this can gather for us over multiple runs. Below is a chart for 100 PMC runs based on your survival rate. My overall survival rate of around 42% and I gained about 5.1 million rubles. According to the chart, 42% would land me around 4 million rubles. The reason for the delta is the fact that I am using averages for money in and money out. The chart is only meant to represent an overall rule of thumb for stashes.