Video for context:
I found this a bit difficult to pull off reliably so came up with a version I find a lot easier that might help other people (or maybe everyone knows this already – I haven’t played in a long time):
- Make sure you SCA is set to manual throttle
- Turn on SCA, max your throttle and line up your target. SCA won’t turn on because you’re not “in the blue”
- Continue on at full throttle until the arrival timer says 7s, then immediately throttle down into the blue to engage SCA.
- wait a second then throttle back up, then throttle back down into the blue after a slight (fraction of a second) pause. SCA will kick in again and the timer should be at 6s then climb back up to 7.
- when the timer hits 7, repeat the throttle up, throttle down, disengaging then reengaging SCA.
- keep doing this until the timer doesn’t go back up to 7 but slowly continues to count down 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 to 0 (3-5 times or so). When this happens you’re locked in and SCA will take you into your target safely at ludicrous speed.
I find this easier since it doesn’t require any timing, just riding the throttle up and down until the numbers go the right way.
Hope this helps somebody. o7