Another snapshot hits the streets, and it's dropping some sick bleats. That's right! Goats are leaping into this snapshot!
This update can also be found on
New Features in 21w13a
- Added the goat!
- Added an accessibility option
- Goats spawn in mountains
- Goats can scale the sides of mountains with their incredible jumps!
- Goats can be tempted and bred using wheat
- Goats are another source of milk!
- Added an alternative solid black background color for the Mojang Studios loading screen, toggleable with the "Monochrome Logo" accessibility option
Changes in 21w13a
- Tweaks to Caves
- Tweaks to Ore Distribution
- Tweaks to Powdered Snow
- Dripstone clusters can now be found rarely in normal caves
- Deepslate blobs can now be found between heights 0 and 16
- Axolotls and glow squids now spawn in underground water sources
- Axolotls will now always chase after and attack squids, glow squids, tropical fish, cod, salmon, pufferfish, drowned, guardians, and elder guardians
- Axolotls now have a 2 minute cooldown after hunting non-hostile targets such as fish, squids, etc.
- They will prioritise targeting hostile mobs first before hunting.
- Bees now see Flowering Azalea (and Flowering Azalea Leaves) as flowers
- Additions to Wandering Trader and Mason trades
- Additions to chest loot tables
- Mineshaft tweak: increased the max length of pillars and chains.
- Carver tweaks: made carvers less likely to be too flat to walk through.
- Noise cave tweaks:
- Increased likelihood of megacaves (large cheese caves)
- Reduced likelihood of toothpick pillars (tall 1-block thin pillars)
- Other tweaks to make the cheese caves more varied and interesting.
Ore Distribution Tweaks
- Slightly more iron
- Larger diamond blobs sometimes form
- Powder snow's durability/hardness was slightly increased
- Freeze time has decreased to 7 seconds and hurt frequency has decreased to 2 seconds
- Entities on fire now melt powder snow when colliding
- Increase vertical movement speed within powder snow
- Strays, polar bears, and snow golems are now immune to freezing
- Mobs now shake when they are fully frozen
- Skeletons converting to strays now only require the 7 seconds it takes for an entity to be fully frozen to begin converting, instead of the 30 seconds it took before
- Leather horse armor now protects horses from freeze damage
- Mobs that enjoy the heat (Blazes, Magma Cubes, and Striders) take increased freeze damage
Trade & Loot Table Additions
- Added the following trades to Mason:
- Will sell 4 Dripstone blocks for 1 emerald
- Added the following trades to Wandering Trader:
- Will sell 2 Pointed Dripstones for 1 emerald
- Will sell 2 Rooted Dirt for 1 emerald
- Will sell 2 Moss Blocks for 1 emerald
- Moss blocks can be found in Shipwreck chests
- Glow Berries can be found in Mineshaft chest minecarts
Technical Changes in 21w13a
- Added metric cube of light!
- Unused parts of code are no longer removed
- Op-only (
/give) air-like waterloggable block
- Emits light at level determined by block state
- Visible and targetable only when item is held (similar to barrier)
- Right click cycles light level
Bugs fixed in 21w13a
MC-3366– End portal appears transparent from below MC-70738– Killing guardian with lava does not give cooked fish MC-102269– Polar bears drop raw fish instead of cooked fish when killed with fire or lava MC-108636– There are a number of unused texture files MC-123587– Kicked from the game when reaching y levels over 30,000,000 MC-124667– Air can be used in custom recipes, causing a crash MC-136776– Some NBT tags are not kept when fish or axolotl mobs are caught in water buckets MC-167853– Observer doesn't detect when a grass block changes to dirt if a tree grows on top MC-174701– Leash knot sound effect plays when loading singleplayer world MC-187544– 'Cover Me With Diamonds' advancement improperly capitalized MC-190774– Stonecutter saw spins both ways simultaneously MC-194183– Some experience points do not go towards Mending repair, even if the Mending gear is not fully repaired MC-195640– Suspicious stew inedible with full hunger MC-197073– Turtles laying eggs on red sand produce normal sand particles MC-199065– Zombies that die while on fire do not drop baked potatoes MC-199237– Back of ladder is incorrectly mirrored MC-199239– Vines appear incorrectly mirrored when viewed from behind MC-199242– Texture planes of crop models appear incorrectly mirrored from behind MC-201748– Chain model planes are incorrectly mirrored on the rear MC-201751– Chain section on lanterns is incorrectly mirrored from behind MC-201753– Sea pickle green top sections do not render correctly from behind MC-203553– Water bottle doesn't extinguish candles MC-203605– Lightning rod bottom texture is mapped incorrectly MC-203617– Can't "Pick Block" cauldrons with liquid or powdered snow inside MC-203838– Aiming a spyglass with a loaded crossbow in offhand creates weird third person effect MC-203847– Waterlogged candles can be lit MC-204133– Candle extinguishing particle appears offset from the candle MC-204430– Cauldrons filled with water, lava or powder snow cannot be used as a workstation for villagers MC-205060– Powder snow does not cause underlying grass, mycelium or podzol to appear snowy MC-205083– Mobs wearing leather boots spin around when walking on powder snow MC-205106– Mobs that get damaged by powder snow can spawn inside powder snow MC-205131– Landing on powder snow while wearing leather boots inflicts fall damage on Java, but not on Bedrock MC-205143– The particles produced when extinguishing a campfire are misplaced MC-205158– Powder snow inside textures are not correctly mirrored MC-205169– Mobs don't path find across powder snow blocks when not wandering MC-205302– Using /setblock to place a structure block defaults to save mode, unlike placing one by hand MC-205613– Skeletons in powder snow spin when aiming at the player MC-205885– Endermen holding water, lava or powder snow cauldrons don't drop cauldrons MC-205914– Placing turtle egg/sea pickle onto turtle egg/sea pickle while sneaking doesn’t place it next to it, although placing candle onto candle does MC-205918– Experience orb stacks that were used in the mending process lose their experience amount, even if the stack is still larger than one MC-208075– Copper slabs and stairs are not included in the #minecraft:slabs and #minecraft:stairs tags MC-208588– Axolotls change color when released from bucket / axolotl entity data isn't stored in the bucket item MC-208594– Axolotls aren't required for the "Two By Two" advancement MC-208647– Axolotls don't attack elder guardians MC-208695– Semi-transparent pixels on axolotl textures MC-208703– Axolotls don't give regeneration or remove mining fatigue MC-208745– Explorer maps & filled maps turn blank after entering the nether or end MC-209371– Can't cut stacks in half in furnace output MC-212221– Glow item frames are rendered dark when a light source is nearby MC-212305– Back face of glow lichen is not correctly mirrored from behind MC-212736– Some world border faces are rendered mirrored, resulting in incorrect corners MC-213552– Shulker hitbox does not immediately rotate after the shulker visually rotates MC-213769– Rooted dirt is far from other dirt variants in the Creative inventory MC-213771– Rooted dirt is in decorations tab MC-213772– Certain faces of azalea are not culled by other blocks MC-213777– Azalea and flowering azalea z-fight when placed next to blocks MC-213789– Water behaves as if moss blocks were air MC-213815– Grass, ferns, flowers, bushes, saplings and bamboo cannot be placed on top of rooted dirt MC-213837– Can't pick block big dripleaf stem MC-213841– Signs, banners, paintings & item frames cannot be placed on moss MC-213860– Farmland/dirt path don't convert to dirt when moss is placed above MC-213877– Cannot turn Rooted Dirt into a Dirt Path MC-213878– Using bone meal on a small dripleaf shows breaking particles MC-213899– Big Dripleaf can be rotated incorrectly by breaking and replacing it MC-213907– Skeletons don't have a shaking animation while converting to strays MC-213958– Azalea bushes connect to walls and fences MC-214049– Mining rooted dirt is slightly faster than mining other dirt blocks MC-214073– The azalea's side textures are partially cut off MC-214097– Cake cannot be placed on top of a moss block MC-214135– Converted moss blocks do not update redstone MC-214181– Rooted dirt cannot be picked up by endermen MC-214374– Redstone doesn't connect vertically on moss blocks MC-214586– Rooted Dirt has no assigned tool MC-214589– End gateway exit portals can be set to high coordinates, kicking the player MC-214639– Rooted dirt is not randomly rotated MC-214693– Tripwire texture is not mirrored correctly from behind MC-214694– Tripwire which is part of a tripwire hook is not mirrored correctly from behind MC-214695– Big dripleaf texture mirrored incorrectly from underneath MC-214696– Small dripleaf texture mirrored incorrectly from underneath MC-214698– Azalea top texture is mirrored incorrectly MC-214818– Waterlogged pointed stalagmites don't drop when their support block is broken MC-214858– Powered big dripleaf play tilting sounds when blocks are changed nearby MC-214879– Selecting nothing and pressing Ctrl+C clears clipboard MC-214901– Rain passes through moss blocks MC-214965– Maximum building height is 319, but warning message says 320 MC-216820– Cobbled Deepslate Slab uses the stone sounds instead of the deepslate sounds MC-217749– Small Dripleaf can't be placed on Rooted Dirt while waterlogged MC-218888– Shift Clicking items into inventory prevents the relevant advancement from triggering MC-219054– Can type text into anvil text field without putting an item in it, preventing you from closing the UI with E MC-219103– The eyes of some entities can be seen through powder snow/lava MC-219203– Mineshaft support legs can generate in lava MC-219240– Inconsistency: cobbled deepslate does not take longer to mine than deepslate MC-219635– There is no sound when defrosting from fire/lava (vanilla parity) MC-219740– Spyglass overlay broken while in water with fast graphics MC-219850– There is no sound or subtitle for applying/removing/scraping wax or oxidation MC-219868– Opening a UI darkens the background less than it used to MC-219906– Minecraft crashes when spectating an entity submerged in water MC-219920– Amethyst Blocks can no longer be gained by mining them MC-219933– Shulker heads do not flash red when taking damage / when killed MC-219937– Parity issue: Clouds are at y=192 MC-219973– Hanging Roots takes about a second to be mined MC-219974– Big Dripleaf takes about a second to be mined MC-220068– Experience orbs are no longer affected by the fog from powder snow/lava MC-220069– Wither/creeper armor is no longer affected by the fog from powder snow/lava MC-220070– Lightning is not affected by the fog from powder snow/lava MC-220157– String is not affected by light levels MC-220174– With graphics set to Fabulous!, blocks such as honey, slime and stained glass appear lit up in third person mode MC-220269– Shader texture coordinate wrapping mode causes screen effects like glowing to wrap where they shouldn't MC-220339– Beacon beam is not affected by the fog from powder snow/lava MC-221146– Water fog still very subtle making water appear too clear in the distance
Get the Snapshot
Snapshots are available for Minecraft Java Edition. To install the snapshot, open up the Minecraft Launcher and enable snapshots in the "Installations" tab.
Testing versions can corrupt your world, please backup and/or run them in a different folder from your main worlds.
Cross-platform server jar:
What else is new?
If you want to know what else is being added and changed in the Caves & Cliffs update, check out the