Looking for a CPU upgrade for my 3600: Should I go for a 5800x3d ($440) or 5700x ($260). I have a RTX4070 GPU and play at 1440p.

My understanding is that the older CPUs will mostly bottleneck a more modern GPU in two scenarios: if playing at high FPS and low resolution (1080p) or in CPU intensive games

I've heard that odyssey struggles a fair bit in ground combat and is quite CPU intensive. I haven't had a chance to try it out with my 4070 yet, but I'm thinking I'll upgrade my CPU eventually so I may as well do it now while both CPUs are on sale (I plan to move to a new case soon so I want to decide on my CPU before hand).

Ill definitely try the 4070+3600 combo first but if I were to upgrade to a 5800x3d or 5700x which would be best value? AFAIK ED:O is the only real CPU intensive game I play (I might try MSFS in the near future too) hence why Im asking here. I want to push as high frames as possible at 1440p but 120fps would be more than enough for me.

Gamer

Recent Posts

Ledx have been so hard for me this wipe

Not being able to craft them sucks. Especially when everyone I talk to about it…

5 months ago

My interesting and unfortunate Gwent life

First I'd like to say I absolutely love this game it's quality. Basically I first…

5 months ago

Teacher Tuesday 12/Dec/2023 – ask your questions here!

Welcome to Teacher Tuesday, a thread where anyone can ask any type of question without…

5 months ago

This games balance is confusing

I’m kind of new/returning to gwent I played beta and obviously it’s a lot lot…

5 months ago

Summary of 10 Days of Draws from Chaffee’s Bundles

Level 1 Bag (Free with Atmosphere Level 2) 6 small consumable (First Aid, Repair, Fire…

5 months ago

Why is my crew at 135%?

Here's my crew - T34-85M - for the life of me I cant figure out…

5 months ago