100+ hours in, I need a new objective in what to do (suggestions please)

So as the title says. I play Elite Dangerous in VR (started from late March 2021) with Horizons and I've mostly done cargo missions/courier & passenger jobs to reach 75 million credits. So after buying a Type 9 ship, I ended up being very disappointed in what I paid for (sluggish, issues carrying 300+ cargo etc), and felt happier using my Type 7 ship, so I want to change up what I can do in Elite Dangerous. I want to break the cycle and really enter the next stage of being dedicated to the game.

I have so far:

1) Boosted up my exploration & cargo rank

2) Joined a Squadrons, they are friendly but not too active, so I can't rely on doing exciting jobs for them

3) If I sell my Type 9, I can get 75 million credits, so I have that for any suggestions what to do with the money for a new ship or objective

4) Played the Arena, but I didn't like it so that's out of the question.

I have not yet: (but I really want something more simple to do than do these)

1) Started Engineering, of any kind. Feels like I have to get meta alloys for Felicity only for now

2) Found Aliens – I can look up a guide, but I would like to know where to get started without being spoilt.

3) Explored deep into space, I'm too afraid to go out there without the right equipment

4) Sol permit – Seems too difficult/tedious to pull off

I've barely touched:

1) Mining – I've only done laser mining, but felt it was too dull (even for the money worth)

2) Fighting – I'm not the best fighter, I am slowly practising but I struggle to fight to a decent standard.

So yeah, suggest me please. I was thinking about doing a community goal, so any tips would be great where to get started with the basis of these missions.

Gamer

Recent Posts

Ledx have been so hard for me this wipe

Not being able to craft them sucks. Especially when everyone I talk to about it…

5 months ago

My interesting and unfortunate Gwent life

First I'd like to say I absolutely love this game it's quality. Basically I first…

5 months ago

Teacher Tuesday 12/Dec/2023 – ask your questions here!

Welcome to Teacher Tuesday, a thread where anyone can ask any type of question without…

5 months ago

This games balance is confusing

I’m kind of new/returning to gwent I played beta and obviously it’s a lot lot…

5 months ago

Summary of 10 Days of Draws from Chaffee’s Bundles

Level 1 Bag (Free with Atmosphere Level 2) 6 small consumable (First Aid, Repair, Fire…

5 months ago

Why is my crew at 135%?

Here's my crew - T34-85M - for the life of me I cant figure out…

5 months ago