how I lost 200m in elite dangerous

So in I have played for a few months now and have managed to eventually find a good trade route and used my type 9 with no shields to get around 200m (including the value of the type 9). On my way to get some more cash, I get pulled out of supercruise by a pirate. Seeing as I only have cargo racks, and the type 9 isn't the easiest to steer, I can only charge my fsd and wait. I get away with 9% hull integrity. I got to my destination and as I forgot I don't have docking computers, I left my computer to go get a snack once docking was granted, expecting to see a landed ship when I got back. I got back just in time to see my ship speeding into the station, with nothing to do to stop it. It's fine. I had spent all my money on a brand new krait, which I was upgrading as I got the money, but the insurance loan was enough to handle the type 9 for me. I head off again and get some more money by selling my type 9 and finish maxing my krait, and then go to a low conflict zone, wanting to try my new fighter hangar. I spent ages fighting for the combat exp, before I suddenly realised my krait was dying and my crew wasn't doing much to stop it. I switched back, but couldn't get away in time, and to my horror, in the death screen, even after unchecking all the boxes, I couldn't rebut my krait, as I'm assuming there is a cap on what insurance can give you. I stared at the screen for a while, before finally spawning in a sidewinder, back at ay Indi. I just got back up to a type 6 again, but imma be way more careful now.

Edit: though it's take like 10 people to get it through to me, I have now put shields on my type 6 and kept enough to rebut, and plan to do so with all my other future ships. Thanks!

Gamer

Recent Posts

Ledx have been so hard for me this wipe

Not being able to craft them sucks. Especially when everyone I talk to about it…

5 months ago

My interesting and unfortunate Gwent life

First I'd like to say I absolutely love this game it's quality. Basically I first…

5 months ago

Teacher Tuesday 12/Dec/2023 – ask your questions here!

Welcome to Teacher Tuesday, a thread where anyone can ask any type of question without…

5 months ago

This games balance is confusing

I’m kind of new/returning to gwent I played beta and obviously it’s a lot lot…

5 months ago

Summary of 10 Days of Draws from Chaffee’s Bundles

Level 1 Bag (Free with Atmosphere Level 2) 6 small consumable (First Aid, Repair, Fire…

5 months ago

Why is my crew at 135%?

Here's my crew - T34-85M - for the life of me I cant figure out…

5 months ago