how I lost 200m in elite dangerous

So in I have played for a few months now and have managed to eventually find a good trade route and used my type 9 with no shields to get around 200m (including the value of the type 9). On my way to get some more cash, I get pulled out of supercruise by a pirate. Seeing as I only have cargo racks, and the type 9 isn't the easiest to steer, I can only charge my fsd and wait. I get away with 9% hull integrity. I got to my destination and as I forgot I don't have docking computers, I left my computer to go get a snack once docking was granted, expecting to see a landed ship when I got back. I got back just in time to see my ship speeding into the station, with nothing to do to stop it. It's fine. I had spent all my money on a brand new krait, which I was upgrading as I got the money, but the insurance loan was enough to handle the type 9 for me. I head off again and get some more money by selling my type 9 and finish maxing my krait, and then go to a low conflict zone, wanting to try my new fighter hangar. I spent ages fighting for the combat exp, before I suddenly realised my krait was dying and my crew wasn't doing much to stop it. I switched back, but couldn't get away in time, and to my horror, in the death screen, even after unchecking all the boxes, I couldn't rebut my krait, as I'm assuming there is a cap on what insurance can give you. I stared at the screen for a while, before finally spawning in a sidewinder, back at ay Indi. I just got back up to a type 6 again, but imma be way more careful now.

Edit: though it's take like 10 people to get it through to me, I have now put shields on my type 6 and kept enough to rebut, and plan to do so with all my other future ships. Thanks!

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/EliteDangerous/comments/wj7coh/how_i_lost_200m_in_elite_dangerous/

leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *