Categories: Among UsDiscussion

I simulated 3000 games of Among Us to improve Imposter selection

This is a short video about ways Imposter selection could be improved.

I know the devs have already spoken out against chance-tracking, as they call it, but I think it can be added in a way that both minimizes meta gaming and improves the experience for most players.

Watch it here:

https://youtu.be/ARv6oOwxUQk

tldr:

• Use weighted tables to calculate imposter chance (avoiding 30+ crewmate streaks)
  • Don't reduce chance too far when they get imposter (allowing for imposter streaks to still be common and reducing meta-gaming)
  • Promote good gameplay with bonus chance (finishing tasks, sticking till end of match, etc)
  • Discourage bad gameplay (reduce chance for quitting while alive)
  • Modify chance with difficult to quantify variables to make it harder to predict (being killed early, routinely not being voted for)
  • Spread the code out to throw people off (tie chance to maps rather than just player account)
  • Add player control to further skew the algorithm (prefer crewmate option, or an Imposter Chance boost that resets every 12-24 hours)

What do you think? Would this be good for the game or do you think the devs are right to keep to true-randomness? Would you incorporate this sort of system into your own game if you made one?

Gamer

Recent Posts

Ledx have been so hard for me this wipe

Not being able to craft them sucks. Especially when everyone I talk to about it…

5 months ago

My interesting and unfortunate Gwent life

First I'd like to say I absolutely love this game it's quality. Basically I first…

5 months ago

Teacher Tuesday 12/Dec/2023 – ask your questions here!

Welcome to Teacher Tuesday, a thread where anyone can ask any type of question without…

5 months ago

This games balance is confusing

I’m kind of new/returning to gwent I played beta and obviously it’s a lot lot…

5 months ago

Summary of 10 Days of Draws from Chaffee’s Bundles

Level 1 Bag (Free with Atmosphere Level 2) 6 small consumable (First Aid, Repair, Fire…

5 months ago

Why is my crew at 135%?

Here's my crew - T34-85M - for the life of me I cant figure out…

5 months ago