3 Bounty runes at 00:00, but you gave away first blood. Who got out better?

Windranger DOTA 2 Hero Guides

Let's look at the gold gained. Each bounty rune provides 40 gold per player, or 200 gold in total. If you get two and they get two, that's 400 each. If you get 3 bounty runes, you get 600, and they get 200. The differential therefore sits at 400 gold per bounty rune "stolen".

Kills at 00:00 is generally only the base value of 133 gold plus the 150 first blood gold. The sources are conflicting on this, but it seems to be roughly 280 gold for a solo kill. Assist gold is determined as follows:

Assist gold equation

Since NetWorthFactors is almost negligible at 00:00 and the VictimLevel is 1, the assist gold equates as below if I understand it correctly. I am unsure if the assist gold component applies to the hero that is credited with the kill, but the following quote from Liquipedia suggests as such – "The hero that made the kill also earns assist gold, even if they killed the enemy hero alone with no assistance.":

1. 1 Killer = 130 gold each or 130 gold total
  2. 2 Killers = 67 gold each or 134 gold total
  3. 3 Killers = 34 gold each or 102 gold total
  4. 4 Killers = 24 gold each or 96 gold total
  5. 5 Killers = 19 gold each or 95 gold total

The total gold swing towards the killing team is therefore a maximum of 410 in the case of a solo kill [280 + 134] in the case of two contributing heroes, and a minimum of 375 gold in the case of all 5 heroes contributing to the kill.

The gold differential between the two teams is therefore between -10 and 25 for the team that got the three bounties but gave away first blood. Other factors to consider:

1. The killing team gains experience for the kill
  2. The hero that died will likely tp into the lane and have tp on CD
  3. Heroes like Pudge or Silencer that gain stacks for getting kills

I might be wrong on my understanding of the assist gold, because it does seem a bit strange that a hero would gain assist gold for a solo kill, I haven't tested this myself.

What do you think?

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/DotA2/comments/18bn6ba/3_bounty_runes_at_0000_but_you_gave_away_first/

leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *