My opinion about .366 TKM AP-M

Hi everyone, i watched the video of gigabeef about this ammo and have to say, I dont really agree with him.

This ammo looks good on paper, but its actually just good in certain scenarios, but worse in any other if you comapre it to m80 or similar.
I know you can be successful with it, but the cost and the debuffs of the bullet, aswell as the weapon choices arent that great, when you compare it to other Calibres.
The only big advantage of Ap-M to M80 is the possibility to oneshot everything up to lvl3 armor, but thats it (its even more expensive). It shines against Scavs or low lvl PMC's. So it would be a decent ammo between lvl15-30, but its just purchaseable at mechanic lvl3, which means you have to be lvl30.
The common armor at this stage is lvl4, where it already needs 2 shots to kill. You have a hard time against bigger threats like chads with decent lvl4/5 armor.

Vepr-209: the Silencer might be very cheap, but even with the best mods you only get it down to ~120 vertical recoil. The huge recoil debuff (+35) of the ammo makes it almost impossible to keep it steady, when you are fast clicking. Means, close to mid distances are very difficult to handle. This weapon has very bad Accuracy with AP-M and the bullet is very slow, so longer distances arent that great either.
So i dont see a reason to play a highly modded Vepr-209 with AP-M, when i get a RFB or M1A with M80 (without recoil debuffs), which performs better in all other scenarios.

At lvl30 I craft the crap out of 762 BP and use a Vepr-136.
VPO-215: you get a really good budget gun with it, but the ammo is expensive, if you didnt unlock Mechanic lvl3. Ballistic charts shows that the bullet doesnt oneshot thorax after 100 meters anymore and i already mentioned the low speed and accuracy debuffs. 4 mags are bad, you have to hit your shots. To be honest, when im lvl30, I see no use to take that bolt action, because other choices (sv-98 or Mosin with LPS-Gzh/SNB ; M700 with M80/M62) arent that expensive either and perform way better.

The conclusio for me:

The ammo only shines in situation, which arent a big threat anyway, but struggles in all other scenarios. You can already get decent budget runs with bolt actions at lvl30, so i dont see a reason to make it even cheaper, but then struggle with it.

Do I miss something or why does it feel so bad for me?

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/EscapefromTarkov/comments/sn09c7/my_opinion_about_366_tkm_apm/

leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *