So I've been struggling with performance forever, having high FPS but still sloppy gameplay. Applied every fix, tinkered with every setting, still choppy.
That is, until I finally tried Freesync with Radeon Chill activated. Holy shit. The game now runs like CS or UT or whatever other super fast paced shooter.
Here's what I did:
– Turned on Freesync on the monitor (requires it to have it in the first place)
– Changed my monitors refresh rate from 144hz to 120 fps (to match the games FPS cap)
– Vsync OFF in both the game and AMD Adrenaline
– Freesync ON in AMD Adrenaline
– Radeon Chill ON in AMD Adrenaline
– Radeon Chill Min FPS 95 and Max FPS 121 (Try out which Min FPS works best for you)
– Disable fullscreen optimizations and Override high DPI scaling behaviour in the .exe
I'm using a Radeon 5700 XT with Auto Undervolt. Hopefully this can help someone else!