5800x3D for Tarkov

So ill start this by saying ive played tarkov for 4 wipes now, using a ryzen 3600, 5800x and now the 5800x3d.

The 5800x3d BLOWS the 5800x out of the water in this game, I was a bit hesitant and skeptical of some of the claims on this sub about how good this cpu runs the game, but wow after playing some raids with it, the hype is real. I have a 3060ti and 32gb of ram running at just xmp of 3600mhz untuned (when i had the normal 5800x, i had it heavily tuned to 3800mhz with 1900flck, primary, secondary and tertiary timings were all tuned) as the extra cache takes over a lot of the heavy lifting from the ram and i play at 1440p, prior with the 5800x on lighthouse in the big chateau houses areas i would get fps of 70-75 inside with the 1% lows being around 50 sometimes even 45 (it also happened reliably at the tunnel co op extract in that room idk why but theres a bug with the lighting in that room that fucks with frametime and fps pretty bad) but now in the chateaus im getting 100-110 and the lows are around 75-80, the game feels SO much smoother its insane, there are still random little fps hitches but I cant even notice them unless i have an overlay up saying my fps went down, because the lows still stay way above 60 its fantastic. I have a 165hz gsync monitor and before this it would feel like i was looking through sand or had that motion blur effect on maps like customs and lighthouse in some areas but thats totally gone now, it feels like im playing a whole new game.

Other map fps increases:Interchange: old 90-100 depending on where in the mall, lows as low as 60 near the middlenew 120 fps lows around 85-90 in the middle of the mall

Woods: old 80-120 depending where on the map, lows between 60-80new 145+ everywhere pretty much, lows 100-110

Customs: old 120 most areas minus dorms which can get as low as 70-90 and some areas of the woods near the trains tracks, lows could be as low as 60 inside dorms

new 140 fps in most areas outside, 110-120 in dorms and lows are around 90 everywhere

So if there was anyone who owns an am4 motherboard and was thinking about upgrading, id say go ahead and do it, even if you are rocking something like a 5900x or my old chip the 5800x you will see a MASSIVE bump in tarkov performance, and if its your main game I totally think its worth. Ive tested a few other games and saw a significant increase in gta v, swtor, osrs with the HD plugin, project zomboid when zoomed out and even valheim had a noticeable bump in performance. My other game i play mostly is Destiny 2, and since switching the fps drop you would get when going into a new load zone just doesnt exist anymore, super happy with the upgrade.

Edit: added some more info about the ram when i had the 5800x

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/EscapefromTarkov/comments/wjhza9/5800x3d_for_tarkov/

leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *