About those 160 4-man missions…

Some nice threads lately detailing the horrible state of the game in high level Twine. Thought tonight I would run public 160s and track what went down for some mild amusement. In the last couple weeks we had an NAW Sucks thread, a 160s players suck thread, and some other stuff along those lines. I decided to focus the 160 4-man Evacuate the Shelter because I have no interest in making this fair and balanced and I wanted the potential for maximum carnage. Also it gives 565 pure drop so there was that… I ran B.A.S.E. Kyle with Power B.A.S.E, Architecture, Ice King, and the two launcher focused constructors in support. Water element shotgun as primary. Water element Potshot secondary. Water Bazooka for herd control.

MISSION 1 – NAW server/early evening – One other player in lobby prior to me so I waitied for the timer to count down. Joined game at about :15 left on lobby timer and pretty much logged in to a defeat screen. Off to a great and promising start! DEFEAT

MISSION 2 – NAW server/early evening – I was the first player in the lobby and initiated the game immediately. Secured objective with my trusty Bazooka. Moderate trapping done at ramps to objective. Freeze Floors spammed 3-4 tiles deep around objective. Lotsa pew pew when defense started.

Constructor x2, Ninja x2 VICTORY

MISSION 3 – NAW server/early evening – Joined full lobby and waited for countdown to be under 15 seconds. Get built son. 3 motivated constructors is a glory to behold. Legit trap tunnels, block offs, and efficient trapping on all approaches to objective. This was a fun one.

Constructor x3, Ninja x1 VICTORY

MISSION 4 – NAW server/early evening – joined full lobby and waited for countdown to be under 15 seconds. This one was too easy. 3 ramps leading to objective and 2 of them converged on the same tile. Put up about 12 Ceiling drop traps and 6 wall launchers to prevent the husks from making it atop our little mesa. This group was heavy DPS so anything that made it to the top of the ramps pretty much got vaporized in about .25 seconds.

Soldier x3, Constructor x1 VICTORY

MISSION 5,6,7 – NAW server/early evening. Played with some friends as duo and trio. I don't want to skew my potentially horrible results with stories about logical and efficient mission completions.

Constructor x1, Soldier x2, rando x1 VICTORY x3

At this point I did something else for several hours.

MISSION 8 – EU server/early A.M. U.S. time – I was first into lobby and joined mission immediately. Cleared objective with my trusty Bazooka. Nobody built anything except me. To conserve materials I left one side untrapped basically, hoping the other 3 would defend it. Terrain wasn't horrible so I didn't have to dump a ton of materials but I still wish somebody would have built something. I think one player did run around and upgrade my insanity. Had to type a message in chat about the undefended side getting hammered, because all three of them had decided the smart move was to go fight around my trap tunnels on the other side. That got a little hectic but they figured it out.

Constructor x1, Soldier x1, Ninja x1, Outlander x1 VICTORY

MISSION 9 – EU server/early A.M. U.S. time – Full lobby, waited for timer. Rolled over to Diecast Ownsie because lobby indicated x2 constructors in game already. Built a nice trap tunnel on one side when I was rudely interrupted by the sound of gas traps being spammed in quantity. Looked out to see probably 25-30 gas traps deployed over each spawn point. This was followed up by an ocean of floor freeze placed around the objective. Crushed this one to the point of boredom. Not very entertaining but I can't say it doesn't work. Dupers for the win I guess.

Constructor x2, Outlander x1, Soldier x1 Victory

MISSION 10 – EU server/early A.M. U.S. time – Lobby full, waited for timer. Switched back to B.A.S.E. Kyle. I wouldn't call it spam but there were a lot of Ceiling Drop Traps. 5-6 tiles deep on husk approach lines but not just ruthlessly spammed all over the joint. Interestingly this was the one mission somebody did the door edit thing on.

Constructor x2, Outlanderx1, Ninja x1 Victory

I finished the weekly at this point. Looks like I forgot to write one of these down for posterity. Eh well. Free research is free research.

TL;DR – Played 160 4-man Evacuate the Shelters for the weekly. Went 10-1. Musta got extraordinairly lucky because I really did not run into any hijinks. I will remain vigilant for horrible groups. I was impressed at the class variety. No trap spam on NAW. Definitely trap spam on EU. Did not see the door edit thing until EU server either…

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/FORTnITE/comments/wxag98/about_those_160_4man_missions/

leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *