After a little less than 1400 hours of dota I played risk and realized something …

Windranger DOTA 2 Hero phantom lancer

I spent most of my adult life playing dota. Recently I picked up a second job so my free time shrank by a lot

Being addicted to multiplayer games,I picked up a game that I could play both on my phone at job and on steam

Then I noticed something…

In risk , usually wins come after around 45 Minutes to an hour and you gotta struggle and do a lot of smart moves while in losses you are terminated from the game in less than 15 Minutes and you don't struggle that much because losses can be easily blamed on extremely shitty initial random placement or bad dice or suicide bombers (the players that don't care about winning and just throw them selves at you)

Dota is exactly the opposite …
When winning, the game feels easier and shorter and even undeserved because usually the entire team is good and you can feel carried, while the losses are struggle and feel like an eternity. sure there is that one in 100 come back game that feels good but it's extremely rare

I don't know what to do with this information I just thought it was interesting that I had to get out of the game to realize why it feels so unfulfilling

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/DotA2/comments/up7x03/after_a_little_less_than_1400_hours_of_dota_i/

leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *