Discussing Epic s most recent endurance change and why i think it could have 100% been handled better.

I ve been playing this game for more than 4 years now. It has never been perfect but every player like me who loved the game just coped with the idea of it. Back in 2019 when endurance was first introduced, i was still a bit underpowered for Twine endurance so i had to speed up a bit since i was determined to beat it with a squad of 3 other people (all 3 of them quitting sooner or later). After leveling up and trying out different building techniques, we succeeded. Shortly after came the challenges we also decided to do for fun. No amp damage clears, 4 player difficulty solo clears and so on. Considering that there are so many different building techniques to clear this mission, i have decided spending even more of my own money to purchase secondary accounts which i leveled up and started testing on. (remember, i ve also paid the full price with no discounts for my Ultimate edition on my day 1 main account,which epic shamelessly compensated a metal team leader pack with the mind blowing 8000 vbucks). As time went on, twine endurance got changed a lot, which for me personally ruined it for the most part. Since i loved the game since i ve first started playing back in 2018 i ve always wanted to end up having as close to a 100% completion as possible. So after the fun with twine endurance, i decided to invest even a bit more money into a better setup with more computers to fully take advantage of my own purchases ( the alternate accounts)
By hosting and leeching my own endurances i was able to easily get millions of resources, without having to involve any other people, just my time and electricity. I am 100% understanding of the fact that barely any people would go as hardcore as i did in the terms of farming this game, but something more conventional were leeching servers. It utilities a system as simple as you host for others = you get to leech off of those other people s runs. Many people around here were bitching that it took no effort, and that leeching is just any noob with a higher level endurance friend gets free other mode battle pass experience, but as you must have realised from my post , leeching was being used way before the implementation of the seasonal battle pass experience system into save the world. This is yet another example of Epic trying to push battle royale into save the world, the same with their live events sometimes shutting down save the world servers, and when the black hole took save the world down too. Implementing something into save the world which ends up harming the player experience is just not a good thing to do. If this endurance nerf really is caused by the battle royale experience ( i cannot be 100% sure of it cause , guess what, nobody decided to mention anything in the patch notes either) There were easier ways of nerfing it. Even if you sit for 4 hours and 48 minutes in 2 back to back endurances you will max out your daily battle pass xp.
Instead of making it impossible of joining after wave 1, being awarded the experience accolade for each wave the player has been present/active in the mission would have had the exact same effect for battle pass experience farmers and no harm for save the world resource farmers.
The fact that i still see people in the sub saying that "this is a move in the right direction" and stuff just seems ridiculous in my opinion. There are many more, worse flaws to this game that Epic just ignores. The plethora of bugs and glitches, the trap nerfs that was introduced a while ago and so on. The way that save the world has been handled all this time by epic, not holding on to the promises that they made when we ve originally purchased our founder packs, the complete disrespect of taking a flawed game out of early access and basically content development is just straight up outrageous. I am 100% open to criticism about my opinion, but if you do bother to criticize me try understand this situation from my point of view as well, and if someome thinks of any better way of possible avoidance for this nerf, post your comments down below.

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/FORTnITE/comments/vhrist/discussing_epic_s_most_recent_endurance_change/

leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *