Finally made it to Archon :) Here’s what I learned from gaining 600 MMR in 2 weeks

Mod Skin Dota 2

I'm one of those guys that feels like he should be way higher than he is. I always felt that I (personally) never really got outskilled in lane matchups, just sometimes my team was just horrid (which still happens). Here are the few things that I saw that helped me gain like 600 MMR in 2 weeks. If you have any other tips and tricks please let me know. Obviously, I am still a filthy 2k, but I feel like I am getting somewhere.

1) Hero spam

Recently I've had like an 80% win rate as Dawnbreaker. I will literally first pick her into anything, in any of the positions in the side lanes (1,3,4,5). I keep the build relatively consistent which helps because I am familiar with power spikes, and exactly how much damage the hero does. For pos 1 -> soul ring, phase, echo, deso, bkb, AC 3-> soul ring, phase, echo, bkb, AC 4/5 -> mana boots, locket, then aghs or greaves. I've found that this hero does a shit ton of damage in lane, and you can worldstar people. I cant tell you how many times I've come out of lane as carry dawn like 4-1-3 or something like that. You just get so much gold.

Side note : once you know a heroes limits, it gets really fun. You know exactly when you can and cant kill, so you can make better decisions in the game

2) Recognizing how you win the game.

Do you have to play fast? Farm? Worry about roshan? Do you have a dusa where if she survives, you just win? Looking at both drafts and being able to see who the strongest hero in the game will be is something that helps, then catering to them and communicating well.

3) Don't tilt

Pretty hard one. Just click the mute button, play your game, and recognize how your team will win. Put on some tunes and play the game how you think it should be played.

4) Use wards on the area of the map you want to play

Seems quite simple and easy, but the amount of times we will be pushing objs, and we have wards in our jungle is crazy.

5) Use smokes to your own vision

Feel like I picked up on this from comp, but dont want a smoke to break on some lowground and you have no idea how many heroes or what is on the hg.

6) Buy the Black King Bar

Self explanatory. Just buy it early, it lets you fight and click your spells. I dont think you will ever regret it.

7) Have fun

Play the heroes you like, be aggressive, no pussy

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/DotA2/comments/wo7txb/finally_made_it_to_archon_heres_what_i_learned/

leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *