With Hideout coming with 0.12 and with so little information about it I thought it would be interesting to have a discussion about what y'all think it's going to be like. I'm really excited mostly about the immersion of spending my inbetween time in a physical space instead of a 2d menu, but I'm just wondering how some things will work.
- How do you think we'll enter a raid from the hideout? Perhaps we'll have a series of doors to pick from and we open one, which leads to a loading screen? But that wouldn't make any sense because the spawns are random on the map. Maybe we have to leave the hideout and go back into our menus in order to join a raid? That would take out the immersion. EDIT: We'll have to use a menu at least in the first iteration of the hideout.
- How will we store our gear exactly? Just tossing guns and bags and such on the floor? Will there be weapon vaults that function as just another 2D menu to interact with? Maybe some sort of wall gun mount like the Kiba store has? What about smaller things like bullets, grenades, money? How will we be storing these things? EDIT: Weapons won't be stored on walls in the first iteration. No information about the future.
- Will we still have an option to use a 2D stash, and if so, can a player choose to never use that 2D stash and still have full functionality? Or will we need that stash for some things that we can't do in the hideout?
- How much will we be able to customize? Personally I'm hoping for a ton of customization options. One of the things about Tarkov is you get to end game gear pretty quick and have so much money you don't know what to do with it, but being able to spend this money on hideout customization will give players who chose to, the ability to have more progression in the game. I love games where you get to customize your living space. I'm hoping it can go from grey, poor, abandoned, cold, ugly series of hallways towards something you'd see in The Lab map, with modern furniture and plants and fancy art. Really let us show off our wealth!
- Will we be forced to do quests in order to get full functionality out of our hideout? Or will players who don't like questing (like myself, who just use flea market) be able to simply pay a large amount of money in order to pimp out their space with all the amenities? I'm hoping players aren't ever again forced into repetitive quests and forced playstyles in order to enjoy the game. Let us use our money!
- When will we be able to invite our friends into our hideouts? That would be incredible if it ever happens!
What do you guys think? What are you most excited about in regards to the Hideout? Or do you really not care for it?