I am about 500 hours into the game, and I got some questions.

It finally dawned on me that I know almost nothing about this game. Which is amazing considering that Ive been playing it for almost 400 hours. I guess I spent most of my time so far grinding mining for credits. I found deep core mining grind to be wonderfully tedious and just a nice relaxing activity. With the current CG I made 10 billion credits though and decided that perhaps I have enough money and it is time to do something else. I suppose the most adventurous thing I have done so far is a trip to Sag A in my AspX. I made sure to go off course a ways and slap my name on a few hundred systems. Other than that I did maybe 50-100 hours of engineering stuff. but really that's about it.

So I got some questions.

1. What am I even doing out here? I realize there is no overarching story but I have no idea what is even going on. Am I a totally independent pilot with no allegiance to any state? are pilots super rare? Are we considered like the top 0.001% of humanity with most folks spending their whole lives on one planet or station? Are the various factions at war with each-other or they exist peacefully for the most part? I know about the thargoids a little, they a real problem or no?. All I know is I am out here flying around. whats the story as far as you know?
  2. Do you think there are any undiscovered systems inside the bubble? Besides permit locked ones of course.
  3. what is up with these permit locked systems anyway? I am not talking about stuff you can actually get permits for. I mean the ones you can't get permits for. Have they ever opened a single one? Why would a permit block me from going to a system anyway? What if I am a criminal or something? what are they hiding in there?
  4. Above our fuel meters. there is a line that appears to be some sort of frequency indicator. Sometimes it is calm, other times it looks like its catching a lot of signal. What is that indicating?
  5. I really really really suck at combat. any tips in general?
  6. What is the coolest place you have ever been?
  7. Have you ever ran into any sort of mission or series of missions that were linked together to form any sort of narrative?
  8. What would you like to see added to the game? For me. I would like some sort of narrative. I feel totally disconnected from whatever the hell is going on out there. I also find the game a bit too grindy. I mean I like a grind and I think anyone that plays the game probably likes a grind as well. But sometimes it's just a lot to handle. always looking for the fastest way to do this or that. idk.
  9. Do you think you would ever have figured out a damn thing in this game without looking it up online? I have never played a game like this before. I don't think I would have been able to figure ANYTHING out without looking it up online or using third party services. kinda weird. I mean if inara and eddb and coriolis and others shut down…… I am not even sure the game would be playable. pretty wild.

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/EliteDangerous/comments/v588cp/i_am_about_500_hours_into_the_game_and_i_got_some/

leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *