Lets discuss smurfing problem on example of 10k viewers twitch streamer. Stray228

Windranger DOTA 2 Hero Guides

This guy stray228 is a popular twitch streamer with 10k online. He is known as skilled player and hilarious showman. On his streams he push a narrative with next statements: he is 8k mmr player whos goal is to reach 9k by the end of year, he have a couple of invites of professional teams, but he prefer to stream. But everyone know that this is not true and kind of part of his stream character.

The truth is that he reached 6k mmr on his main acc. Here is the closest proof i was able to find on youtube. But for some reason he is playing on his side acc with 2800 mmr. You can watch his dota profile from this game, where he played versus other popular streamer and former wc3 champion Grubby.

So basically, this guy smurfing at 2-3k rating, playing 5-6 games every evening for years.

Before i will express my own opinion, i want to say that i understand following:

– his main acc could be banned and he has no other option;

– its hard to play serious with stream snipers in every game;

– he is showman and not try harder anymore. high mmr games would not be that entertaining to stream.

On the other hand:

– he literally never loses mid (i cant remember a single case);

– he ruins game experience for players who did not stream snipe him (good example is yesterday game vs Grubby);

– he farm mid token by picking support role and never pick actual support hero.

My own opinion about smurfs i already expressed many times here, and i was downvoted very hard for it. I dont mind to play against smurf.

Why did i started this topic if i am ok with smurfing? The answer is I am against hypocrisy. I dont understand why someone has full carte blanche for smurfing just because he is media person? Everyone knows he is smurfing, yet noone gives a shit, especially Valve and Twitch. Do i want to start a witchhunt? Well, kind of. I want the rules to work for everybody with no exceptions, and prooved smurf deserve to be banned.

And second answer is that i want to discuss a problem. Its interesting to hear opinions of this sub, keeping in mind that people here are very against smurfing.

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/DotA2/comments/zgsr2b/lets_discuss_smurfing_problem_on_example_of_10k/

leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *