Random Valheim story #7632

Maypoles, Flower/Berry Spawns, & Seed Crops should increase honey yield.

So me and my wife just got back into our nomap/noportal world after the Mistlands update and we were set for a dramatic change… getting off the starter island and embark on a journey to find our first swamp. After scouting the nearby seas for new land (and several times we were dead certain we discovered new land only to find out it was the same bloody starter island!!) we managed to find an island with a big swamp and some black forest nearby. We quickly made an emergency hut (we probably have around 50 of those now scattered around the world) and sailed back to start the great operation of emptying our home base, loading up our karve and ourselves with the most important stuff and leave for good.

We started sailing early in the morning, ate all the good food we had and we even knew where we were heading… what could possibly go wrong? Well… ofcourse the nice weather changed abruptly and before we knew it we were in the middle of a thunderstorm. There were some tiny islands in the middle of the sea that we've sailed past earlier and we thought it might be a good idea to stick close to them…. except that there were sandbanks that were hardly visible because of the monster waves. We came to a sudden halt on one of those banks and with the looming thought of serpents coming to attack us I quickly jumped out and started to try and push our boat into the water again. That wasn't really needed because the next wave lifted the boat up and pushed it away, at the same time I completely forgot I had full sails and tail winds, so the karve picked up speed immediately…. leaving me behind on that sandbank. Back on the karve my wife was suddenly alone and she never sailed in Valheim before, she always enjoyed being a passenger. While fighting the waves gasping for air I tried to explain my wife how to steer the damn boat but seeing her disappear into the horizon I imagined it wasn't really working out that well….

As the night approached, I swam to the nearest island with the last bit of stamina I had and although the island was the size of a postcard stamp it had a freaking Greydwarf spawn on it. So there I was, all alone in the darkness on some deserted rock fighting 2-star greydwarf brutes while being washed away by waves every few seconds. My wife in the meantime was circling around in the thunderstorm not knowing where to go or what to do but miraculously managed to get back to where I was and slammed into some rocks at full speed leaving the karve, loaded with precious copper, with around 5% of health. Together we finally destroyed the spawn and set up another hut to get us some well deserved sleep.

With a newly repaired karve we eventually made it to the swamp island the next day, got a small base going including a smelter, ready to mine heaps of iron!! There was just one little problem… the huge swamp for some reason had ONE single crypt…. ah well, I guess we're in for some more adventures soon then.

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/valheim/comments/10313px/random_valheim_story_7632/

leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *