Saw some new players asking on how to spend money in WoT so decided to make a short guide.
(Will edit if there are better inputs in the comments)
Which to choose?
Gold, Premium Account or Premium Tank?
- Flexible currency (can be used for Premium account or Premium tank and more)
- Ability to convert to Free XP
- Able to buy garage slots, barrack slots and retrain 100% crew
- No immediate advantage ingame
- Expensive to convert gold to credits
- Ability to buy tanks in gold are uncommon (Referring to those non-techtree premium tanks)
- 5 daily x3 exp victory bonuses that can be applied to specific battles
- Increased credit & exp earning per game (u may lose little to none on T8 battles)
- Reserve Stock up to 750k weekly
- Daily missions (50k credits, x3 exp, 25 bonds)
- 1 additional excluded map
- Very good for grinding tech tree tanks
- Credit Crew Trainer (From extra credit earning, to buy the 2mil credit training booklet)
- Inflexible time-based subscription
- Expensive for shorter durations
- World of tanks subscription does not apply to other games ie WoWS etc
- no premium tank
- Immediate "advantage" ingame (premium tanks are usually better than tech-tree similars)
- Increased credit and exp earning for that particular tank.
- Ability to put any crew without retraining (as long as Same Country Same Class of tanks)
- Crew Trainer (not so much relevant as you can now spend 2mil credits to buy the booklets)
- There Forever (One time payment and you own it forever)
- Restricted to only the tank that you bought. If u want more tanks, u buy more.
- Credit earning power not as good as premium account
- Crew Training overshadowed by Training Booklets
- Once u get a premium tank, u would be sorely tempted to get more.
I tried out Premium Account but found that i couldnt really play very often due to work and i would miss out on daily missions, xp bonus etc. While it was really gd in rushing through tech tree lines, any time that i could not play was money wasted.
I got a premium tank instead so that i can play anytime i want and still earn credits, albeit lesser.
If you want to get gold instead, a gd suggestion would be to wait until the end of the year for the Christmas Loot Boxes. Those offer a mix of gold, premium account time and sometimes good tanks.
Note: when i tried buying lootboxes for the first time, i got the same cost equivalent of gold+prem time as if i bought them by themselves. However, i got some premium tanks (no is-3a sadly) and a Santa commander etc. So imo its a pretty gd bargain.
Lastly, if you want to look at Premium Account, i have included the breakdown of avg cost per day of the Prem time packages in gold
1 day = 250gold
3 days = 650 (216.66 per day)
7 days = 1250 (178.57 per day)
14 days = 1800 (128.57 per day)
30 days = 2500 (83.33 per day)
90 days = 7500 (83.33 per day)
180 days = 13500 (75 per day)
360 days = 2400 (66.66 per day)
Hope this helps you in your decision making.
As always, spend within your limits and set a budget.