My thoughts after 1000hrs in Gwent

Ciri Gwent witcher Game card

First of all i'd want to show my appreciation to the devs, Gwent is an incredibly F2P friendly game that has alot of creative freedom (especially lately with resurrection of dead archetypes).

But i will be taking a break from now on, as i think that some of the cards in the meta are crippling the strategic thinking of the game, and mostly predetermines the outcome of the match before it has started.

Jackpot
Syndicates coins acts as potential points, we know this, and what balances them having uninteractable points is the requirement for setup and coinmanagement. The "new" jackpot change negate these criterias, and subjectively "dumbs down" SY's playstyle.

King of Beggars
As with the jackpot-change, KOB promotes uninteractable points, (to some degree) negates coinmanagement, and further underlines the ongoing issue of "win r1 or lose". I'm having a hard time seeing why this card needs to have the ability to spend.

Melusine
With the 7.2 patch came the removal of Second Wind, Call of Harmony and other other leaders that enabled you to replay your win-condition, SK gets a free pass here.

Raffards Vengeance
As with the same intention of the 7.2 patch, we've had reworks of other cards that let you play several of your own cards in one turn. Vengeance is to my experience an answer-or-lose-card, which- coupled with the Siege-masters and a winch, can let you play two additional cards from your hand.L Last seasons Siege-deck thinned just as well as hyper-thin decks i've played against them, while still having the provition distribution of a non-hyperthin deck. I find this crippling to the games health, as it (as well) diminishes the importance of strategic adaptability.

Thanks for coming to my TED-talk, feel free to give your input, maybe a different perspective will mean i'll keep finding joy in the game!

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/gwent/comments/u6bf0v/my_thoughts_after_1000hrs_in_gwent/

leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *