Solo run day 513: I just solo’ed the (current) final boss of the game. After 1 hour, several rests, repairs and 8 deaths.

How to build a large and tall house in Valheim

The Queen was… In a word, a nightmare to fight. This was the first time I had ever fought her and I had this setup:

Food:

– Honey Glazed Chicken

– Misthare Supreme

– Seeker Aspic

Armor and weapons:

– Max carapace armor and feather cape(level 2 in this current update)

– Max mistwalker and carapace shield

– Max arbalest with carapace bolts

– Max Staff of Embers

– Max Staff of Protection

Meads and F. power:

– Bonemass

– Minor eitr

– Poison resistance

– Major health

– Lingering stamina

Basically, my build was a kind of magic warrior. Somewhat tanky, with some magic at hand as a backup. This build did not fare too well against the Queen.

At the start, everything seemed to be going okay-ish. I was able to tank a lot of her attacks with Bonemass and my health potions, but I was doing very little damage. And then… She decided she needed help. So she kept vomiting her brood to come fight me, as well as roaring to summon help. That's when all hell broke loose. As soon as my Bonemass ran out, after being hit once by both the Queen and one seeker, more than half of my health disappeared. Remember, this is with the strongest armor the game gives you. I then died for the first time. I had done about 45% of her health.

The subsequent attempts did not go any better. I got intercepted by her brood about 4-5 times while trying to retrieve my stuff. She kept spawning both her brood and more seekers, which all spawned all over the place and interrupted at the most unconvenient times. Another issue that I got from this was that my stuff was actually breaking during the fight, as well as making my rested bonus(21 minutes) to run out, causing me to leave and repair/rest several times. There were literally hundreds of seeker brood and I am guessing about 50 seekers during the entire fight. Most likely even more than that. At the end of the fight, the entire arena was littered with carapace, seeker meat, black marble(almost 4 stacks for my efforts though, yay!) and royal jelly.

I am relieved I managed to kill her in the end, but I am not happy with the fact that it was way more of an ordeal compared to the other bosses. Her attacks did SO MUCH damage, had insane range and kept knocking me back halfway across the arena, I couldn't see her throughout most of the fight because of the damn mist, she kept retreating like a coward, but worst of all, she basically sent her entire army after me. I actually shouted: "WILL YOU STOP PUKING YOUR BABIES ON ME FOR ONE SECOND?!" a couple of times. Just trying to get some damage in was already quite a task, nevermind doing a *good* amount of damage.

IMO, this boss is great for multiplayer, but far from fun for solo players. Mainly because of the ridiculous rate of enemy spawns. I really hope the Ashlands boss is less enemy spawn-happy and more about actually fighting me on his/her own.

Anyway, I am going to see the Ashlands now. See what it's like before it gets updated.

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/valheim/comments/10oil9w/solo_run_day_513_i_just_soloed_the_current_final/

leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *