The 556 MDR is much better than everyone gives it credit for and heres why

The 556 MDR is usually overlooked because of how slow it shoots and how few modding options there are. We all know the MDR in 7.62×51 is crazy good, but unless you want to dish out nearly 150,000 roubles since I last checked, the 556 isn't a bad option either.

Comparison:

I love the TX-15. It is probably my second most used gun besides the VSS. So accurate, crazy fast shots and follow up shots, not too expensive to feed (I usually run M855A1) and its very ergonomic. Lets compare that to the MDR. My MDR setup usually consists of an RK-2 foregrip, Eotech Vudu scope w/ Deltapoint red dot on the scope mount, and a KAC suppressor+muzzle brake. Almost identical to my TX-15 setup, but I use the proprietary Thunder Beast suppressor.

To compare, the MDR is 0.02 MOA less accurate. That is almost a nonexistent difference. The recoil on the TX-15 w my setup is 62. On the MDR, its 66. A little higher, but still not too bad. I don't have a TX-15 on hand in my stash right now (I sold them all to replace them with MDRs) but the MDR base ergonomics are higher. For price, the MDR goes on the flea market for about 45k. The TX-15 is almost double that, and even Skier sells it for 160k! The MDR is also automatic, which the TX-15 is not, which gives it a lot more potential in close range.

Heres a huge, almost overlooked comparison. Size. And I'm not talking about stash size (the MDR is 2 slots shorter btw) but the actual length is half the size of the TX-15, so it doesn't snag on walls as close. This makes close quarters fighting a hell of a lot easier. Even getting some tight angles when sniping isn't as difficult as your gun doesn't get blocked by some debris in front of your parapet cover.

Just my general thoughts. I don't ever see this gun being used (besides myself) and it is to my general knowledge that its rather looked down upon. Hope to see some of you guys in raid, because my MDR hoarding won't last forever!

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/EscapefromTarkov/comments/fvmrrq/the_556_mdr_is_much_better_than_everyone_gives_it/

leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *