Valheim – MistlandsOrBust – 180 days to completed

Walheim: how to make delicious mead and what it is for

Valheim delivers again with another great instalment.

After starting to see a lot of posts about Mistlands and the biome, a friend and I wanted to conquer the unknown before it was spoiled. We started about 2 weeks ago and about 180 days in brought down the Queen. We typically killed each boss twice so we have a head for the Altar and 1 for the home.

We have completed the game twice previously and our ultimate goal was to conquer the Mistlands' final boss. We had a really nice seed with all the bosses fairly close and a little bit of sailing to find a decent Mistlands biome. We played a random seed (no peeking) and lucked out.

First night – We smashed through Meadows and Black Forest. Gathered enough Bronze to make an 1 weapon (lvl 1) and bronze armour (lvl 1) as well as cleared maybe 5-6 Burial Chambers. Sailed our Karve and found a couple swamps, our 3rd Swamp had maybe 10-15 Crypts. First two crypts filled our little Karve. So we dropped a portal and then sailed home.

Second night – We gathered the materials needed for a Long Boat and headed back to the Swamp through the portal. Dropped a few chests and proceeded back and forth ferrying Iron Scraps until the Long Boat was full. To finish the night we took on Bonemass. Fair to say we were a little under geared, but smashed through.

We spent the next two nights getting ready, building a temporary long house, gathering materials and searching for the right Mountains (sailing half way round the world, should have gone left). In our Iron gear (Lvl 1) we popped 4 silver veins and loaded up the Cart. We were ready to fight Moder so really under geared this time we trudged through her but were successful (did not summon her a 2nd time). On the high of beating Moder we yeeted the cart of silver down the Mountain for Long Boat pickup.

We searched the plains and it was fairly uneventful. However, our Yagluth kills were interesting. We placed the totems and in our eagerness we both clicked the Altar to summon. This did result in two Yagluths spawning at the same time. This made for a really difficult fight, as we had to keep them separated enough to avoid meteors from the other. A few swaps and death runs to maintain rested saw the fight take about 45 mins for the first kill and 2-3 mins for the second.

Finally, MistlandsOrBust! Our first encounter was with a fairly thin strip of land. We quickly moved deeper and started exploring another ML continent. We found our first mine and were slow to start. We did take the opportunity to level our Padded Armour, Cloaks, Shields and Weapons to max before entering the ML. First few mobs were rough, the parry stagger was shorter than we were use to. Relied on a lot of health pots and luckily our first 2* soldier was stuck in a room so we sniped it out. We had a couple more days finding Mines, gathering food, setting up farms and getting Sap. We eventually had enough seal fragments, had found a mine with a boss stone and we were on our way to get the Queen. Our initial scouting mission turned into lets do this. Set up a portal and dived in. We forgot Poison potions or at least realised that we should have them. I ran back and grabbed a stack through them down mid fight for my mate. Fight continued for a while as we learned the attacks and got a rhythm but we soon were running out of rested so we swapped and reapplied rested at home (always be prepared e.g. portal). We did have a slight glitch that as I left to get rested the Boss was still targeting me and she appeared outside the arena, so we fought her outside her arena but did so without too much trouble.

If you would like to see a quick tour of our base, link here.

Seed: DHVpWsDDEh

Seed Viewer: Map link here

What a journey, but we came to feel that the Mistlands mobs and mechanics were cool and unique. The terrain sucked (too much verticality), and wish magic was brought in earlier. When we finally received it, we were done but haven't really had a chance to play with it. Finally, the Arbalest is my most favourite weapon.

How does this journey compare with yours?

All the best,

Syn

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/valheim/comments/10osmv6/valheim_mistlandsorbust_180_days_to_completed/

leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *